Hello again! Today I bring you my fabulous July book haul! This month I bought a whopping 27 books. More books than I’ve bought in the past 4 years if you don’t count my college textbooks tbh (stupid college books with their steep prices). Without further ado in the order that I purchased them!
Barnes and Noble Haul!
I bought a total of 9 books when I random decided to go to Barnes and Noble kind of early in the month. It was like a happy birthday/graduation to me and it was awesome.
- Blogging for Writers by Robin Houghton – Goodreads (for some reason the version I half isn’t on Goodreads same ISBN though)
- In Real Life by Cory Doctorow and Jen Wang – Goodreads – Review
- The Writer’s Lab: A place to Experiment with Fiction by Sexton Burke – Goodreads
- Writer’s Guide to Character Traits 2nd edition by Linda N. Edelstein – Goodreads
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – Goodreads – Review
- Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken – Goodreads – Review
- Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen – Goodreads – Review
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte – Goodreads – Review (note I have the BN leatherbound edition but it’s impossible to find on goodreads)
- Kisses and Curses presented by Fierce Reads – Goodreads – Review
So I was trying to buy these shoe insert things on Amazon but they ended up being one of those weird add on things so you have to spend a certain amount to get them. (the one thing I truly hate about amazon tbh) which means I decided to go through my amazon wishlist. I picked one I’ve been wanting for a long time and that’s:
- Self Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne and Dave King – Goodreads
I also bought 5 books from Bookoutlet. Because who can resist good cheap books!
- A Really Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson – Goodreads – Review
- Divergent by Veronica Roth – Goodreads – Review
- Ender’s Game By Orson Scott Card – Goodreads – Review
- The Cute Girl Network by M.K. Reed, Greg Means, & Joe Flood – Goodreads – Review
- The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson – Goodreads – Review
So I realized a little too late that The Last Little Blue Envelope is actually the 2nd book in a duology soooooo, I had to do what any normal bookie would do and that’s go to Amazon and order the first book.
- 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson – Goodreads – Review
My boss took me out to lunch for my birthday. We got to talking and I told her about how much I read and she was like “Oh so you’ve been to the bookstore right over there” and I was like “No. But I’ve been looking for an indie bookstore since I started working in Chicago” and to make this boring story shorter. I went back after work that day and ended up buying 5 books. It’s official. I have an addiction.
- The Giver by Lois Lowry – Goodreads – Review
- The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak – Goodreads – Review
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz – Goodreads – Review
- Soulless by Gail Carriger – Goodreads – Review
- Changeless by Gail Carriger – Goodreads – Review
Barnes and Noble….Again….
I REALLY need to learn to control myself. For realsies. I can’t seem to help but jump off the deep end whenever I go into a bookstore. I went to get a birthday present for my cousin (which I did get) but also ended up spending money on another 6 books. I’m going on a book buying ban until I finish all the books I currently own. It’s official.
- The Complete Works of William Shakespeare – Goodreads – Review
- Cress by Marissa Meyer – Goodreads – Review
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – Goodreads – Review
- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas – Goodreads – Review
- Storm Front by Jim Butcher – Goodreads – Review
- Fool Moon by Jim Butcher – Goodreads – Review
Do you have a July Book Haul? Post a link in the comments and I’ll go check it out! Also please let me know if you’d like a review of any of the writing books. As of right now I don’t plan to review them but if someone would like a review I would!