A few days ago the super fabulous Bibliomad nominated me for The Blogger Recognition Award. I’m super excited and honored to receive this from her and you should all go check her out!!
Here are the few rules for the award:
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
How I got started:
I’ve tried writing several blogs over the years. I’ve started a writing blog on blogger, I had a korean pop culture blog, I had a fitness blog, and even just a tumblr to reblog fandom things. None of these blogs lasted nearly as long as this one has. They all flared up and died within a month. This blog, however, has been going strong since May 6, 2015. That’s a solid 3 and a half months and I think my love and passion for this blog grows everyday. Thank you to everyone in the community who has helped grow my love and passion for book blogging!!
- Blog about what you’re passionate about! I know this is as cliched and old advice as can be especially in the blogging community but after all those previous seen failed blogs above, I know for a fact it can’t be more true. All the blogs I tried to make before were about fleeting passions. I’ve always loved reading it’s something I’ve never stopped doing but with fitness or writing I have crazy spurts that last for a few weeks to a few months. That’s part of why I think book blogging has worked for me.
- Try not compare your blog to other blogs! This is one I still struggle with. Sometimes I see an amazing blog who gets comments on every post and has tons of interaction with their followers and think that I’ll never reach that point. But they didn’t get there followers in a day or a week. It takes time. Also, the more unique you are the more likely you’ll gain your own true followers so comparing your blog to anyone else’s isn’t fair to you, your followers, or the other blogger.
- Don’t blog yourself into a slump! Kind of like reading yourself into a slump, don’t blog yourself into one. If you post too much or try to force yourself to post too much you’ll end up hating the blog. Let posts come naturally. Or create a schedule you know won’t be hard for you to keep up with.
The blogs I nominate:
All these blogs have contributed to my love for the book blogging community and have helped me want to continue blogging even if they didn’t know it. They’re all amazing book blogs!!
- Macy at Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Books
- Brittney at A Bookworm’s Escape
- Holly at Belle of the Library
- Anne at Anne-thology of Books
- Becca at Becca and Books
- Ashley at What’s She Reading?
- Analee at Book Snacks
- Adventures of a Dublin Bookworm (Sorry I couldn’t find your name on your blog! ):)
- Claire at Art and Soul
- Charlotte at abOOkishOwl
- IslandGeekGirl at Overflowing Bookshelves
- Victoria at Me, The Coffee And The Books
- Amy and Eleanor at A Fangirl’s Opinion
- Sam at Taking on a World of Words
- Lindsay at Bookboodle
Sorry if you’ve already been nominated!! Feel free to ignore this if you have. Thanks for reading!